5 ways to clean up your computer in 2013
Frank Franklin II/AP Between cluttered files and crumbs in the keyboard, most computers are probably due for a cleaning to start 2013.
It doesn’t take long for a computer to start showing signs of age, both in ways that are visible and invisible.
Here are five easy ways to clean up your computer in 2013 and get it running like new again.
1. Just like most closets can use a good purge, most computers are overloaded with unused applications that could be slowing down the machine. Uninstall anything you know you’ll never use again.
2. At the same time, make sure to install all the software updates you’ve been ignoring for too long.
3. It can be annoying and take a very long time but make sure to do a full scan for viruses and malware.
4. Make a backup of your data, as soon as possible. Think about how you’d feel if you permanently lost important documents and priceless photos and videos.
5. And give your computer a good cleanup. It’s probably crawling with germs, dust and dirt. Use disinfecting wipes — which do not contain bleach — to clean keyboards, mice and other nonglass surfaces. To clean a monitor, use a slightly damp cloth.
Related:Tablets, phones and computers are crawling with germs
thestar.com – Living