• Unsupervised splash pads will be open Monday and will remain open until September 23. Parents and caregivers are reminded to supervise their child/children at all times.
• Toronto’s beaches will be open, with lifeguard supervision.
• Toronto Island is great place to walk, roll, cycle, explore, view the city skyline and visit the animals at Far Enough Farm. Toronto Island ferries will run on the regular summer schedule up to and including Monday, September 3. (Web link to toronto.ca ferry schedules is provided below.)
• Toronto’s parks and green spaces will be open for unsupervised leisure activities. Take a walking tour of your parks.
• Riverdale Farm will be open to the public from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. More information is available by calling 416-392-6794.
• High Park and the High Park Zoo will be open on Monday. The scenic, trackless train ride through the park will be running. Tickets can be purchased from the train operator.
• L’Amoreaux Tennis Centre will be open on Labour Day. Courts can be booked on a pay-as-you-go basis, subject to availability (416-396-4041).
• All other Parks, Forestry and Recreation facilities will be closed on Labour Day. Regular programs and services resume on Tuesday, September 4.
• All outdoor pools and wading pools will be closed on Labour Day. Sunday, September 2 is the last day of summer operation for the City’s outdoor pools and wading pools.
For Labour Day schedules for leisure activities, consult a Toronto Fun Guide or visit toronto.ca/parks (http://www.toronto.ca/parks).
Ferry schedules: http://www.toronto.ca/parks/island/ferry-schedule.htm
Toronto is Canada’s largest city and sixth largest government, and home to a diverse population of about 2.7 million people. Toronto’s government is dedicated to delivering customer service excellence, creating a transparent and accountable government, reducing the size and cost of government and building a transportation city. For information on non-emergency City services and programs, Toronto residents, businesses and visitors can dial 311, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.