Adult obesity is growing at alarming level. Factors like food habits, sedentary lifestyle, stress, alcohol are known to be some of the contributors to obesity. Exposure to diseases like diabetes, hypertension, cancer and heart diseases is high in persons who are obese.
Apart from diet and exercises which help in losing the extra weight, adults who are obese must radically change their lifestyle by inculcating healthy habits to ensure that they attain their ideal weight.
– First and foremost, one has to get sufficient physical activity to prevent obesity. The major cause of obesity is due to our sedentary lifestyles. We drive to work, take the elevator and get glued to our desks. We repeat the same on our way back home and become couch potatoes watching the television. All through the day, there is calorie intake, but you are not expending energy at all. Your intake gets converted into fats and finds a safe haven in your body, leading to excessive weight gain which if unchecked over a period of time leads to obesity. To prevent obesity, you should exercise regularly and indulge in some sports. Once you are classified as obese, it takes strenuous exercises coupled with strict diet to get rid of the excess fats.
– We always reach out to carbonated beverages and packed fruit juices, when thirsty. Unfortunately, these are loaded with sugars and lead to fat accumulation. It’s always a better option to hydrate with water. Water is a powerful toxin flushing ingredient and aids in losing weight. You need to drink 64 oz of water per day. Fresh fruits are definitely a better form of nutrients, devoid of additives.
– Alcohol is a contributor to obesity. Especially beer has sufficient calories to result in weight gain if binged on a regular basis. For all those who are obsessed with the complimentary liquor at parties, never go overboard. An occasional drink is fine, but cut back on your alcohol consumption, if you want to keep your weight in control.
– Stress, the unavoidable bane of our hectic lifestyle is a cause of obesity. You might indeed be surprised to know that stress leads to obesity. The reason is simple. During stressful situations, the secretion of the hormone, Cortisol at higher levels, triggers the hunger causing hormones and also spurts the release of insulin, allowing the body to get into a fat storing mode. When we are stressed, we get depressed and resort to binge on comfort foods, unmindful of the calories. Distress eating leads to excessive calorie intake contributing to unnecessary weight gain.
– The most common and prevalent cause of obesity is our reliance on processed and junk foods instead of healthy home cooked nutritious food. The fast paced life and the lack of time has necessitated families to prefer easy available foods which are unhealthy and loaded with saturated fats and Trans fats. Intake of such foods regularly leads to obesity. Opt instead for fresh and nutritious foods. This will definitely help you to lose weight and prevent obesity.
By changing your lifestyle, you can control obesity and also prevent from becoming obese.