LinkedIn’s Q4 2012 Earnings Call
Today, we reported our financial results for the fourth quarter and full year ended December 31, 2012.
Here are the highlights:
- Revenue for the fourth quarter was $ 303.6 million, an increase of 81% compared to $ 167.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Net income for the fourth quarter was $ 11.5 million, compared to net income of $ 6.9 million for the fourth quarter of 2011. Non-GAAP net income for the fourth quarter was $ 40.2 million, compared to $ 13.3 million for the fourth quarter of 2011. Non-GAAP measures exclude tax-affected stock-based compensation expense and tax-affected amortization of acquired intangible assets.
- Adjusted EBITDA for the fourth quarter was $ 78.6 million, or 26% of revenue, compared to $ 34.4 million for the fourth quarter of 2011, or 21% of revenue.
- GAAP diluted EPS for the fourth quarter was $ 0.10; Non-GAAP diluted EPS for the fourth quarter was $ 0.35.
- For the full year 2012, revenue increased 86% to $ 972.3 million from $ 522.2 million. GAAP diluted EPS increased to $ 0.19 from $ 0.11 and Non-GAAP diluted EPS increased to $ 0.89 from $ 0.35. Adjusted EBITDA increased to $ 223.0 million from $ 98.7 million.
2012 was a transformative year for LinkedIn. We exited 2011 having successfully revamped our underlying development infrastructure. Based on that investment, we said that 2012 would be a year of accelerated product innovation, and it was. The products we delivered throughout the year drove member engagement and financial results to record levels in the fourth quarter.
- Talent Solutions: Revenue from Talent Solutions products totaled $ 161.0 million, an increase of 90% compared to the fourth quarter of 2011. Talent Solutions revenue represented 53% of total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2012, compared to 51% in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Marketing Solutions: Revenue from Marketing Solutions products totaled $ 83.2 million, an increase of 68% compared to the fourth quarter of 2011. Marketing Solutions revenue represented 27% of total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2012, compared to 30% in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- Premium Subscriptions: Revenue from Premium Subscriptions products totaled $ 59.4 million, an increase of 79% compared to the fourth quarter of 2011. Premium Subscriptions represented 20% of total revenue in the fourth quarter of 2012 and 2011.
I highly encourage you to review associated materials, including our GAAP and non-GAAP reconciliation. 
I will co-host a webcast/conference call with our CEO Jeff Weiner to discuss our financial results for the fourth quarter of 2012 and business outlook today at 2:00PM Pacific Time.
See slides below.
 Safe Harbor Statement
This post contains non-GAAP financials measures relating to the company’s performance. You can find the reconciliation of those measures to the nearest comparable GAAP measures and additional details regarding the use of non-GAAP measures at http://investors.linkedin.com/.
This post also contains forward-looking statements about our products, including our investments in products, technology and other key strategic areas, certain non-financial metrics, such as member growth and engagement, and our expected financial metrics such as revenue, adjusted EBITDA, depreciation and amortization and stock-based compensation for the first quarter of 2013 and the full fiscal year 2013. The achievement of the matters covered by such forward-looking statements involves risks, uncertainties and assumptions. If any of these risks or uncertainties materialize or if any of the assumptions prove incorrect, the company’s results could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements the company makes.
If any such risks or uncertainties materialize or if any of the assumptions prove incorrect, the company’s results could differ materially from the results expressed or implied by the forward-looking statements the company makes. Please also see our full disclaimer regarding this information as well. [INCLUDE LINK TO FULL DISCLAIMER]
Official LinkedIn Blog