Go to Admin » Appearance » Widgets » and move Gabfire Widget: Social into that MastheadOverlay zone
TTC subway service has resumed on Lines 1 and 2 after a police investigation at Bloor-Yonge Station Saturday.
Toronto police said they received a call from the TTC around 4 p.m. about a man abandoning a package on the southbound platform.
“Just the nature of it was enough of a suspicion that we felt the need to use the extra precaution,” Const. Allyson Douglas-Cook told CBC Toronto.
“It was decided that the [Bloor-Yonge] station was to be evacuated.”
Suspicious package *update*:<br> Yonge St & Bloor St<br>-platform has been evacuated<br>-CBRNE team attending to investigate<a href=”https://twitter.com/hashtag/GO578584?src=hash&ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw”>#GO578584</a><br>^ka
Douglas-Cook added that the package appeared to be a camera case, and police considered detonating it after two X-rays of the package still left room for concern.
Police later said that the package had been “rendered safe” but were unable to confirm it had been blown up.
TTC spokesperson Kadeem Griffiths said service on Line 1 was suspended from Union to Eglinton and on Line 2 from St. George to Broadview as a result of the investigation, adding that shuttle buses were deployed for affected customers.
Griffiths also said that because of the disruption, TTC passengers were allowed to board GO Transit using their TTC fares.